The weekend is almost upon us, and it’s going to be a bit of a summer throwback, (from a weather standpoint), with temperatures reaching back up into the 80s.
If you aren’t planning to try to prolong that summer tan by catching some rays by the pool, or making a quick trip to one of the area’s many lakes, there’s a whole host of activities you might want to check out.
It might be the perfect time to check out of of those outdoor yoga classes (bring your dog!), drop in on one of the areas’ many live music venues, and also – it’s LarkFest time!
Love it our hate it, LarkFest is one of the city’s biggest events, drawing an expected 50,000 people to the “Greenwich Village” of Albany. (If you’re aren’t into crowds, this might not be your bag, though it tends to be pretty manageable if you show up early in the day).
Read on for a list curated by our own Stacey Abrams.
Thursday, Sept. 19:
– Future of Small Cities: High Water Marks. Troy Innovation Garage, Troy
– Adirondack Balloon Festival. Through Sunday. Various locations, Glens Falls and Queensbury
– Film: Donnie Darko & Ad Nauseum II. Proctors, Schenectady
– Gov’t Mule. Palace Theatre, Albany
– Collar City Latinx Night. Carmen’s Cafe, Troy
Friday, Sept. 20:
– Saratoga Auto Auction. Through Saturday. Saratoga Performing Arts Center
– Rock Your Style for Trinity Alliance. SUNY Poly Colleges of Nanoscale Science and Engineering, Albany
– Pass the Aux Guest DJ Night w/ Candy Ambulance. Pint Sized, Albany
– Ice Cream Social. Superior Merchandise Company, Troy
– Dead ‘Til Dawn Drive-in Night #1. Hi-Way Drive-In, Coxsackie
– FreshGrass Festival. Through Sunday. MASS MoCA, North Adams, MA
Saturday, Sept. 21:
– Puppy Yoga. Best Fitness, Albany
– Doga Yoga in the Park. Good Karma Yoga at Colonie Cook Park, Colonie
– LarkFest. Lark Street, Albany
– LarkFest After Party – Eternal Crimes, Galene, & Mr. Cancelled. Pint Sized, Albany
– Albany All Stars vs. Western Mass Furies Roller Derby. Albany Capital Center
– Oktoberfest Kickoff Party. Wolff’s Biergarten, Troy
– Saratoga Hard Cider & Doughnut Fest. Various locations, Saratoga
– Fairy Fest. Pitney Meadows Community Farm, Saratoga
– Art in the Park. Congress Park, Saratoga
– Dead ‘Til Dawn Drive-in Night #2. Hi-Way Drive-In, Coxsackie
– Harvest Festival. Through Sunday. The Farmer’s Museum, Cooperstown
Sunday, Sept. 22:
– Saratoga Native American Festival. Congress Park, Saratoga
– Family Food Truck Festival, hosted by the city of Rensselaer. 12 p.m. to 2 p.m., DeLaet’s Landing, 100 New Broadway, Rensselaer.
– Hudson River Skywalk Arts Festival. Thomas Cole National Historic Site, Catskill
– Upper Madison Street Fair. Madison Avenue, Albany
– Pink Eggs & Glam Drag Brunch. Parti Events & Banquet Hall, Troy