The last few weeks of summer tend to be a frenzy of activity as we try to pack in as much fun as possible before the fall comes and we get serious about shaking off our vacation hazes, going back to school, unpacking those flannels and indulging in apple cider doughnuts and pumpkin spice everything.
If you’re looking for something fun, educational, cultural, sporty etc. to do, there’s plenty of things available, starting this evening.
Check out the following listings, compiled by CivMix’s own Stacey Abrams…
Thursday, Aug. 22:
– Ferry Street Night Market. TROYASIA. Stringed lights, paper lanterns, K-pop vibes, and locally made street food.
– Game of Thrones final season trivia, Fort Orange Brewing.
– Discover Albany. Historic Neighborhood Brew Tour.
– Escuela Grind. Y.B.O.D. Vasoconstriction, Wet Specimens, Albany Social Justice Center.
– Carlisle Evans Peck. Taylor Wing, and Ayanna Martine. Paulys Hotel.
– Side B and Grape Juice. The Low Beat.
– Franklin County Sweethearts and Mr. Days. Savoy Taproom.
– Super Dark Thursday, featuring Paradox Saints, Laveda, Looms, and Grayling. Desperate Annie’s.
– Reefer Madness. A brief marijuana policy discussion followed by showing of the 1939 propaganda film “Reefer Madness.” The Sinclair.
– Upbeat on the Roof, featuring bell’s roar. The Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery.
– The Wheel. Putnam Place.
– Monty Python and the Holy Grail, featuring live music (Saturday showing) and themed cocktails, Greenville Drive-In. Thursday – Saturday.
– All About Tomatoes. Cooking class. Different Drummer’s Kitchen.
– The Aurora Games. Female athletes from around the world compete in basketball, hockey, beach volleyball, figure skating, and table tennis, various locations, through Sunday.
– Boston Ballet. Jacob’s Pillow, though Sunday, matinee and evening.
– Urban Bush Women. Jacob’s Pillow, though Sunday, matinee and evening.
– Eavesdrop at The Chalet. MASS MoCA.
Friday, Aug. 23:
– Friday night cookout. The Cheese Traveler, Albany.
– An Evening at the Lavender Farm, featuring Nine Pin Cider and Slidin’ Dirty with music by Keanen Stark and Orion Kribs, Lavenlair Farms, Whitehall.
– A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Albany Berkshire Ballet. The Egg.
– Cretin Hop. Alternative dance party, Fuze Box
– Valley Gals, Strange Fate, and Postage. Paulys Hotel.
– Neighborhood of Make Believe and Electric Turtle. The Low Beat.
– C.K. & the Rising Tide, Honey Slider, The Old Main, and Josh Taerk. Savoy Taproom.
– Ecstatic Northeast Campout. The Abode of the Message, New Lebanon, Friday – Sunday.
– Alley Feud. Family feud game show…Troy style, Franklin Alley Social Club
– Virgo kickoff on the patio. The Olivia Quillio, Greens, The Age. Superior Merchandise Company.
– A Judgmental Swarm of Bees, Travis Love Benson, Sama, Ray Gun Jones. Oakwood Community Center. Troy.
– Catharsis 2: Electric Bluegaloo. Darker dance party. The Hangar on the Hudson.
– Buried Acorn tap takeover (Syracuse brewery). The Ruck
– It Came From Schenectady, presents the film “Ms. 45.” Proctors.
– Eric Walentowicz Quartet. 9 Maple Ave.
– Kirtan with Wah! Yoga Mandali, Saratoga.
– Santana. SPAC.
– Equilibrium Pre-Travers Massive Can Release. Pint Sized. Saratoga.
– Boston Symphony Orchestra. Mendelssohn, Ravel, and Schubert. Tanglewood.
– Roomful of Teeth, MASS MoCA, Friday
Saturday, Aug. 24:
– Fishy Frolic. walk/run to spread awareness and raise money for Huntington’s Disease research
Jennings Landing. Albany.
– Yoga in the park. Washington Park, 9:00 a.m., Lark Street Yoga.
– Equilibrium Pre-Travers Mini Can Release. Pint Sized. Albany
– LatinFest. Washington Park
– 90s dance party. Fuze Box.
– Rubella Ballet, Wisteria, Dirt Devil, and Eternal Crimes. Paulys Hotel.
– In-TV and Old Fox. The Low Beat.
– Scorpia. An underground edm dance party. Lost & Found. Albany.
– Waffle Day, Nighthawks, Troy
– Pete Sweeney Group. 9 Maple Ave.
– Kiss. SPAC.
– Boston Symphony Orchestra. John Williams’ Film Night. Tanglewood.
– Summer Send-off. Dance party on the great lawn. Jacob’s Pillow.
Sunday, Aug. 25:
– Free yoga. Riverfront Park. Troy, 9:00 a.m. Heartspace Yoga.
– Pop-up brunch featuring City Beer Hall. Unified Beer Works. Malta.
– Back at the Moo Room with Ben & Jerry’s, featuring Useless Cans. Pint Sized, Albany.
– Ecce Shnak!, NPK, and Sun Colored Chair. Paulys Hotel.
– Pakistani pop-up. Nighthawks. Troy.
– Truly, Greens, Solpath, Jacob Crofoot, Alenni. Superior Merchandise Company.
– American Modern Opera Company. The Clark.
– Sunday Film Series. Transmission: Roots to Branches, Jacob’s Pillow.
– The Merry Wives of Windsor. Shakespeare & Company, through Sept. 1.
– Topdog/Underdog. Shakespeare & Company, through Sept. 8.
– Coriolanus. Shakespeare & Company, through Aug. 25.
– Cha Wa. MASS MoCA.
– The Trouble with Renoir. A lecture in conjunction with special exhibition. The Clark.
– Boston Symphony Orchestra – Schoenberg and Beethoven, Tanglewood